Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Good weekend

No more putting off the blog, it's time to jump back in.

First off, I read like 40 blog posts yesterday and today, and man I'm always so astounded by how incredlbe everyone's writing is. No matter how detailed or simple, or serious or not everyone's post is, it's always always good. I told Elaine that in one of her letters, I felt like I was her, and that's kind of how I feel with everyone's post - it's like I'm reading your soul or something, or like I dunno, I'm just clicking with what you're thinking, and for that 1 minute or 10 minutes that I'm reading your post, I completely get it. Completely.

And I don't think its just how each and all of you write, but what you put down. Like Andrew only put down that quote and all I can say is, "Damn that is a good quote. Andrew would put down that quote." And that's more or less the way I feel about everyone's blog. I mean, I don't know what you're goign to write of course, but after its written, I'm think that you're the only person who would've chosen to write about that subject and in that specific way with that exact perspective. And damn it was good.

Oh ok, the second part is I had a great weekend this past weekend in LA! I went up to join Emma, Elaine, Herman, Diep and Sandy on Saturday in Santa Monica. We got to go to Sephora and Forever 21 and Nine West and all of these other stores with comfortable chairs to sit in. Each person bought a dress and a pair of shoes, except Herman and myself, but I can live with that because I got gelato, and we all went biking along the beach for a bit. I didn't go clubbing with the rest of em that night, though, cuz I'm lame and I had to wake up early to see Grandma. But havign just read Elaine's post, I really wish I was there to see that fight almost go down between Elaine and that other girl.

BTW I've been really wanting to webcam my blogs now, but the internet here is all slow. Oh, for those who don't know yet, a little bit about what I'm doing here in San Diego:

I'm workign on a base close to Downtown SD helping out with managing facilities, and doing public works stuff. At least, that what I should be doing, but I don't have a certain qualification yet, so my commanders just got me doing kind of random things, like attending someone's retirement ceremony on a carrier, or planning the Seabee Ball, or going to a golf tournament for charity. I was looking for apartments, but I ended up getting a room at an Extended Stay. It's like a hotel mini junior suite, but with month to month rent options that bring down the price a lot. I needa go to Port Hueneme in Ventura for training from May - August, and when I get back that's when I'll get a place for reals.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Josh! I'm very glad you're blogging! When you blog, I feel like you're telling me a story in person. It's very Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh! Every time I read your blogs I laugh!!!!! Thanks for the pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i agree with what diep and emma have said, all your posts are very josh

    ReplyDelete